NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: First Solar
Published on Monday, 27 August 2012 13:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 27th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2789.33, which represents 0.41% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the session with slightly less than 50% of its components trading higher.
First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $25.55 representing 3.15% from its previous trading session. Shares of First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world have defined support at $19.56 and resistance at $25.16.
Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $676.86 representing 2.06% from its previous close. Apple, the maker of iPhones and iPads, has calculated support and resistance levels at $570.00 and $674.88 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $7.08 representing 2.02% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Maxim Integrated Products (NASDAQ:MXIM), which is trading at $27.03 or -4.01% from the prior close. Shares of Maxim Integrated Products, the maker of linear and mixed-signal integrated circuits have defined support at $23.55 and resistance at $28.96. Also among the worst performers NII Holdings (NASDAQ:NIHD), which is trading at $6.01 representing -3.06% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13164.8, which represents 0.05% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1414.93 that represents 0.27% from its previous close.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines