Allergan: Waiting for Direction
Published on Tuesday, 28 August 2012 04:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Allergan Inc. ( NYSE:AGN) closed the trading day higher by $0.16 or 0.19% from its previous close. Allergan's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Allergan, Inc. ( NYSE:AGN) is a multi-specialty health care company that develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices. The company develops products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological and other specialty markets in countries around the world.
Allergan's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $81.28 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $87.62. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Allergan or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Allergan, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Everest Group Recognizes Cognizant as a Global Leader and Star Performer in Healthcare Payer IT Outsourcing
- Cognizant to Present at Investor Conferences
- Cognizant Selected by CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield to Support Mobile Technology Initiatives
- Saudi Electricity Company Selects Cognizant to Transform Service Delivery and Enhance Customer Satisfaction
- Cognizant Announces Record Results For Second Quarter 2013
- Cognizant to Present at the Pacific Crest 2013 Global Technology Leadership Forum
- BetterInvesting Magazine Releases October Stock To Study And Undervalued Stock Choices For Investors' Informational And Educational Use
- Segmented Consumer Experience and Digital Wallet Capabilities Hold Keys to the Future of Mobile Banking, Finds Cognizant and Monitise Study
- XL Group and Cognizant Team Up to Transform Risk Consulting Operations
- Cognizant Schedules Second-Quarter 2013 Earnings Release and Conference Call
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines