Allergan: Waiting for Direction
Published on Tuesday, 28 August 2012 04:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Allergan Inc. ( NYSE:AGN) closed the trading day higher by $0.16 or 0.19% from its previous close. Allergan's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Allergan, Inc. ( NYSE:AGN) is a multi-specialty health care company that develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices. The company develops products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological and other specialty markets in countries around the world.
Allergan's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $81.28 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $87.62. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Allergan or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Allergan, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Allstate, American Football Coaches Association Name 22 College Football Players to the 2013 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®
- Allstate Named To 2013 Working Mother 100 Best Companies
- Allstate's Drivewise® Hits One Billion Miles Driven: Expansion Continues
- Allstate Publishes 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, "Knowledge Applied"
- What Life Insurance Can Do For You
- Protect Your Stuff At School
- Allstate to Present at Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- The Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion® is Set to Celebrate Family in Orlando Aug. 29 - Sept. 2
- Brownsville Remains Texas' Safest Driving City
- Visalia Leads All California Cities on 2013 "Allstate America's Best Drivers Report™"