NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: SHLD, CERN, LIFE
Published on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, August 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2787.51, which represents 0.17% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $56.7 representing 3.17% from its previous trading session. Shares of Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains have defined support at $53.67 and resistance at $61.00.
Cerner (NASDAQ:CERN) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $73.03 representing 1.91% from its previous close. Cerner, the healthcare information technology systems provider, has calculated support and resistance levels at $70.63 and $74.50 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Life Technologies (NASDAQ:LIFE), which is trading at $47.72 representing 1.38% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Warner Chilcott (NASDAQ:WCRX), which is trading at $13.48 or -20.24% from the prior close. Shares of Warner Chilcott, the Irish based specialty pharmaceutical company focused on women's healthcare, dermatology and urology have defined support at $16.53 and resistance at $17.59. Also among the worst performers First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), which is trading at $24.23 representing -5.72% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13135, which represents 0.24% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1412.89 that represents 0.25% from its previous close.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines