Is Corinthian Colleges Reversing?
Published on Thursday, 30 August 2012 04:48 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (NASDAQ:COCO) closed the trading day lower by $0.01 or -0.48% from its previous close. Corinthian's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (NASDAQ:COCO) is a private, for-profit post-secondary education company operating in the United States. The Company currently operates colleges in various states. Corinthian offers a variety of degrees and diploma programs in the healthcare, electronics, and business fields.
Corinthian's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $2.00 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $2.48. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Corinthian Colleges or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Corinthian Colleges, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Workplace Stress on the Rise With 83% of Americans Frazzled by Something at Work
- Corinthian to Announce Third Quarter 2013 Results
- 2013 Work Stress Survey for Release April 9
- Report: Lack of Vocational and Career Education in California Leads to Severe Skilled Worker Shortage, Billions in Lost Income
- Corinthian Colleges to Present at the Credit Suisse 2013 Global Services Conference
- Surveys Reveal Internships Are Precursors to Landing a Job and Keeping a Job
Related Partner Headlines
- Corinthian Colleges Inc. Stock Downgraded (COCO) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Topeka Capital Markets Reiterates Sell Rating, Lowers PT on Corinthian Colleges - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Corinthian Posts Downbeat Q4 Results - Benzinga
- Earnings Scheduled For August 20, 2012 - Benzinga
- Stocks To Watch For August 20, 2012 - Benzinga
- Benzinga's After Hours Movers - Benzinga
- Corinthian Colleges Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (COCO) - TheStreet.com
- Corinthian Colleges Inc. Stock Upgraded (COCO) - TheStreet.com
- Wunderlich Raises PT on Corinthian Colleges to $6 - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Bank of America Raises Price Target on Corinthian Colleges to $4.25 - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
ForexMinute.com Now Listing Top Bitcoin Exchanges and Offering Forex Bitcoin Trading
idcloak Launches Proxy Web Browser for Blocked Facebook Users
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Health Insurance Marketplaces
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Very Small Bathroom Vanities
Discounted Wedding Accessories Now At TBdress.com