New York, August 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of General Dynamics Corporation (NYSE:GD) closed the trading day higher by $0.09 or 0.14% from its previous close. General Dynamics' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
General Dynamics Corporation (NYSE:GD) is a diversified defense company. The Company offers a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding design and construction; and information systems, technologies and services. Its Aerospace group provides mid-size and large-cabin Gulfstream business-jet aircraft. Its Combat Systems group produces wheeled combat and tactical vehicles; main battle tanks and tracked infantry vehicles; guns and ammunition-handling systems. Its Marine Systems group designs submarines and surface ships for the U.S. Navy and commercial ships.
General Dynamics' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $61.30 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $66.58. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in General Dynamics or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of General Dynamics, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Lockheed Martin Hosts Fifth Annual Day Of Service
- Lockheed Martin Successfully Launches First LRASM Boosted Test Vehicle from MK 41 Vertical Launch System
- U.S. Air Force Ready to Launch Third Advanced Extremely High Frequency Satellite Built by Lockheed Martin
- Lockheed Martin Named To The 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index
- GPS III And OCX Satellite Launch And Early Orbit Operations Successfully Demonstrated
- F-35: Lifting The UK's Economy
- Lockheed Martin Named One of Top Worldwide Companies for Climate Change Management
- Lockheed Martin To Enhance Transoceanic Air Traffic Management For FAA
- AEHF Expands Global Communications For Allied Missions; Netherlands Makes Call On Protected Communications Satellite
- LONGBOW LLC Receives $51 Million Contract For Republic of Korea Apache Radar Systems
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines