Mukuba Announces Results of Special Meeting
Published on Thursday, 30 August 2012 19:01 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
TORONTO, Aug. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - Mukuba Resources Limited (TSXV: MKU) ("Mukuba" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the results of its special meeting of shareholders (the "Meeting") which was held today.
A total number of 42,712,184 common shares, equivalent to 55.27% of the total common shares issued and outstanding were represented at the Meeting.
The special resolution to authorize the consolidation of the Company's common shares on the basis of one (1) post-consolidation share for every four (4) pre-consolidation shares was passed by a special majority of the votes cast. Shareholders also passed an ordinary resolution approving the compensation of the current directors and the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company as described in the management information circular dated July 30, 2012.
About the Company
Mukuba is a Canadian mining company focused on the exploration and development of certain African base metal assets alone and through a joint venture partner. These assets include a 100% interest in the Northcore Project, which is licensed for both copper and cobalt and encompasses approximately 2,265 square km of geologically prospective ground in the Central African Copperbelt region of Zambia. Mukuba is also a party to a joint venture with Benzu Resources Limited to explore and develop a copper and base metals project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Securities regulators encourage companies to disclose forward-looking information to help investors understand a company's future prospects. This press release contains statements about our future business and planned activities, including matters relating to the Consolidation and the payment to the directors and President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. These are "forward-looking" because we have used what we know and expect today to make a statement about the future. Forward-looking statements usually include words such as may, intend, plan, expect, anticipate, believe or other similar words. We believe the expectations reflected in these forward-looking statements are reasonable. However, actual events and results could be substantially different because of the risks and uncertainties associated with our business or events that happen after the date of this press release. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. As a general policy, we do not update forward-looking statements except as required by securities laws and regulations.
SOURCE Mukuba Resources Limited
- Tennis Channel's First TV Everywhere Application Enabled by Level 3
- Level 3 Honored as "Top Company of the Year in Telecom" by ColoradoBiz Magazine
- Growing Demand for High-Quality Global Broadcast Solutions in South Africa Leads to Level 3 Vyvx Expansion
- Critical Alerts For Lowes, Merck, Express Scripts, VMware, and Level 3 Communications Released By InvestorsObserver
- Level 3 to Present at Investor Conferences
- Lacoste Optimizes Customer Service Capabilities Across Brazil
- Praxair Colombia Selects Level 3 to Enhance Operational Efficiency and Security
- Hexcel Corporation Selects Level 3's Global Network Services to Support International Growth
- State of South Carolina Awards Web and Audio Conferencing Contract to Level 3
- Level 3 Announces Refinancing of $815 Million Term Loan
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines