Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's Remove Daniella Mangoes from Store Shelves
Published on Thursday, 30 August 2012 19:02 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Supplier Notifies Company of Voluntary Recall
SALISBURY, N.C., Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's have been notified that the companies are part of the national Splendid Products voluntary recall for Daniella mangoes. Upon notification from the supplier, all affected items were immediately removed from store shelves.
Splendid Products voluntarily recalled Daniella mangoes this week due to possible salmonella contamination. The recalled items include mangoes with PLU No. 4051 and purchase dates would range from Aug. 14 to Aug. 29.
In addition, one packaged produce item sold at Food Lion stores that contained Daniella mangoes has also been removed from shelves. The packaged produce item would be labeled, "Garden Highway Mango Medley," and would have the UPC code (8-26766-21437). This product would have a sell-by date of Aug. 28.
The company is in the process of notifying loyalty card customers via email who purchased the Daniella mangoes or fresh fruit product, as well as updating the product recall section of the companies' respective websites.
Customers who may have purchased the affected products are urged to dispose of the items and bring the receipt or sticker to their local Food Lion, Harveys or Reid's stores for a full refund. These products should not be consumed.
About Food Lion
Food Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG). Food Lion operates more than 1,100 supermarkets in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states, and employs approximately 57,000 associates. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com.
Harveys is an affiliate of Delhaize America, a subsidiary of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (DEG) (NYSE: DEG). Harveys operates 73 stores in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. For more information go to www.harveys-supermarkets.com
Reid's is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG) and operates 11 stores in South Carolina. For more information, visit www.reidsgroceries.com.
SOURCE Food Lion
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines