American Realty Capital Properties Announces Approximately $5.6 Million of Properties Under Contract at an Average Cap Rate of 9.38%
Published on Thursday, 30 August 2012 21:40 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NEW YORK, Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Realty Capital Properties, Inc., (NASDAQ: ARCP) ("ARCP" or the "Company") announced today that it intends to acquire approximately $5.6 million of acquisitions, exclusive of closing costs, consistent with its single tenant, medium term, corporate credit, net lease investment strategy.
The properties under contract consist of a Family Dollar discount retail store in Brookston, Indiana and an Iron Mountain information storage warehouse in Columbus, Ohio. The properties have an average remaining lease term of approximately six years and are priced at an average cap rate of 9.38%. The acquisitions add two new tenants to the ARCP property portfolio, bringing the Company's total number of discrete tenants to 14. These properties represent the initial portion of the $25.0 million of acquisitions anticipated to close in the third quarter of 2012 included in the Company's previously announced guidance.
"These properties under contract are indicative of our continuous execution of accretive acquisitions that allow us to grow earnings," commented Nicholas S. Schorsch, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ARCP. "These properties further enhance our portfolio's tenant mix. We continue to take advantage of plentiful buying opportunities in the market consistent with our guidance model and our investment strategy."
About the Company
American Realty Capital Properties, Inc., a publicly traded Maryland corporation listed on The NASDAQ Capital Market under the trading symbol "ARCP," is an externally managed real estate company that owns and acquires single tenant free standing commercial real estate properties that are primarily net leased on a medium-term basis generally to investment grade tenants. Additional information about the Company can be found on the Company's website at www.americanrealtycapitalproperties.com.
SOURCE American Realty Capital Properties, Inc.
- American Realty Capital Properties Completes Acquisition of American Realty Capital Trust III
- American Realty Capital Properties Announces Fourth Quarter and Year End 2012 Operating Results, Achieves High-End of Earnings Guidance Range, Completes Merger with ARCT III
- American Realty Capital Properties and American Realty Capital Trust III Stockholders Approve Merger
- American Realty Capital Properties Announces Monthly Dividend for March 2013
- American Realty Capital Trust III and American Realty Capital Properties Announce Election Deadline
- American Realty Capital Trust III and American Realty Capital Properties Announce the Closing of $875 Million Credit Facility in Anticipation of Completing Their Proposed Merger
- American Realty Capital Trust III and American Realty Capital Properties Announce Their Intent to Close Their Proposed Merger, Earlier Than Expected, in the First Week of March 2013
- American Realty Capital Properties Announces Year-End and Fourth Quarter 2012 Financial Results Release and Conference Call Dates
Related Partner Headlines
- Free-Standing REITs: Separating the Best from the Rest - TheStreet.com
- This Small Cap REIT Is a Diamond in the Rough - TheStreet.com
- American Realty Capital Properties Announces Approximately $15.2M of Additional Acquisitions at an Average Cap Rate of 9.5% - Benzinga
- American Realty Capital Properties Announces Acquisition of Mrs. Baird's Distribution Facility - Benzinga
- NYSE Merger Snag; Ubiquity IPO: Deals to Watch - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited Announces Investment in Probe Mines Limited
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Mayflower Bancorp, Inc., Multiband Corporation, rue21, inc., and SoundBite Communications
PrivateBancorp Stockholders Approve All Proposals
Santa Cruz County Bank Declares Cash Dividend
Acquisition of rue21, inc. by Funds Advised by the Private Equity Firm Apax Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of rue21 Shareholders
Viking Minerals Inc: The Company enters into final negotiations to acquire Multi-Million dollar Coal Resource on profit sharing basis.
Crest Supplements its Proxy Statement Opposing Revised Terms for Sprint-Clearwire Merger
Novelis and CEO Philip Martens Win Top Honors at Platts Global Metals Awards