Brokers Higher In Focus:NMR, ETFC, GS
Published on Friday, 31 August 2012 17:07 Written by Danny Miller
New York, August 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.51%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers also traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $81.026, which represents 0.69% versus previous day close. The index , it had 10 out of 10 components trading higher.
Nomura (NYSE:NMR) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $3.33 representing 4.39% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan, have defined support at $3.36 and resistance at $3.67.
E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $8.61 representing 1.29% from its previous close. E*TRADE, the online brokerage and financial services provider for individual retail investors has calculated support and resistance levels at $8.26 and $8.88 respectively. The other top performer was Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), which closed the trading session at $106 representing 1.22% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) that closed the trading session at $14.66 or 0.21% from the previous close. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm have defined support at $11.82 and resistance at $14.66. Also among the worst performers was Raymond James (NYSE:RJF), which closed the trading session at $35.2 representing 0.26% from the previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines