Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: VZ, WMT, HPQ
Published on Tuesday, 04 September 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, September 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12997.7, which represents -0.71% versus its previous trading session close, with only five of its components trading in the green.
Verizon (NYSE:VZ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $43.42 representing 1.12% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Verizon, the owner of the largest wireless network with more subscribers in the U.S. have defined support at $42.18 and resistance at $46.41.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $73.35 representing 1.03% from its previous close. Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $57.18 and $75.24 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ), which is trading at $16.96 representing 0.48% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) that is trading at $82.73 or -3.05% from the previous close. Shares of Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world have defined support at $84.45 and resistance at $92.08. Also among the worst performers we have United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), which is trading at $78.1 representing -2.19% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $0 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is lagging the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 0, which represents 0% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 0 that represents 0% from previous session.
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
- Wal-Mart Bullish Signs
- UTC Calls For Redemption Of All Of Its Outstanding 1.200 Percent Notes Due June 1, 2015
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- Walmart Statement on Hisense Sero 7 Tablet Launch
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Expands In Buffalo
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Verizon
- Pratt & Whitney Employees to be Inducted into Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering
- Dan Bartlett Joins Walmart as Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs
Related Partner Headlines
- Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Leads The Day Higher, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Wal-Mart Q3 Profit Rises 9% - Benzinga
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
ForexMinute.com Now Listing Top Bitcoin Exchanges and Offering Forex Bitcoin Trading
idcloak Launches Proxy Web Browser for Blocked Facebook Users
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Health Insurance Marketplaces
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Very Small Bathroom Vanities
Discounted Wedding Accessories Now At TBdress.com