TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: BAC, CAT, AA
Published on Friday, 07 September 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, September 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13281.1, which represents -0.08% versus its previous trading session close, with 12 of its components trading positively.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $8.69 representing 4.07% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $7.83 and resistance at $8.40.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $88.17 representing 3.99% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $81.78 and $92.08 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.99 representing 2.63% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Kraft (NASDAQ:KFT) that is trading at $40.11 or -5.21% from the previous close. Shares of Kraft, the maker of Velveeta cheese and Oreo cookies have defined support at $31.88 and resistance at $39.32. Also among the worst performers we have Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $24.27 representing -3.31% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1435.69, which represents 0.25% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3132.64 that represents -0.1% from previous session.
- Alcoa Is in a Very Tight Range
- First Use of Natural Gas to Power Equipment for Hydraulic Fracturing in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Alcoa Is in a Tight Range between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Approaching Resistance: Intel
- Caterpillar and Mining Machinery Limited Announce Settlement Agreement Related to Siwei Acquisition
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- Dow's Top Performers :BAC, JPM, HPQ
- Is There Resistance Above for Alcoa?
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Leads The Day Higher, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Leads The Day Higher, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lags - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
U.S. Spending on Specialty Medications Likely to Increase 67 Percent Through 2015
Abbott Announces CE Mark for World's Longest Coronary Drug Eluting Stent
FX Energy Reports Successful Production Test at Tuchola-3K Well
Echo Therapeutics Announces Institutional Review Board (IRB) Approval for Its Clinical Trial of the Symphony® CGM System
IAMGOLD provides exploration update on Boto Project in Senegal
ASAP International Arranges FF&E Financing For Hotel Renovation
Embraer and SkyWest Inc. Sign a Contract for 40 firm E-Jets
Internet-Based Gaming Company Metaboli Selects Level 3 to Power its Services and Growth