CGC Grades 2 Millionth Comic Book
Published on Monday, 10 September 2012 16:37 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SARASOTA, Fla., Sept. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Certified Guaranty CompanyTM (CGC®), the only independent comic certification and grading company, announced today that it has graded its 2 millionth comic book.
"This is a huge milestone for CGC," said Paul Litch, primary grader and restoration detection specialist of CGC. "It's remarkable to look back at all the great collections and comics we've seen over the past 11 years."
CGC has experienced significant growth since its founding in 1999. Submissions have steadily increased by 10 percent per year, indicating the continued demand for expert, impartial grading. In recent years, the company has seen an influx in vintage comic books, which comprise approximately 60 percent of CGC's total submissions. Going forward, CGC expects to see more submissions of original cover art, which the company grades as part of its Signature Series service.
CGC has received many notable submissions over the years. Two of the most significant collections surfaced in 2011. CGC was privileged to grade the Twin Cities and the Billy Wright Collections worth more than $1 million and $3.5 million respectively. CGC was also pleased to grade several first issue copies that broke sales records including Batman #1 NM 9.2, which sold for $850,000, and X-Men #1 issue, circa 1963, which sold for $492,937.50. One of the best surviving copies left in existence, this X-Men #1 graded out at CGC 9.8 (Pacific Coast Pedigree). Only one other copy in the world shares this quality grade level.
"We're grateful to the collectors and dealers who continue to depend on us as their trusted grading authority," said Litch. "We're also deeply proud of our team and their commitment to protecting and advancing the hobby as a whole. They keep generating new ideas for increasing confidence among our loyal customers."
For example, earlier this year, CGC made CGC Grader Notes available through the CGC Certification Verification Tool. These notes are a valuable part of the grading process and can help explain why a collectible received the grade it did. CGC expects to introduce more advances like the Grader Notes in the coming years.
Janell Armstrong, Marketing Coordinator
(941) 360-3994 x 236
About Certified Guaranty CompanyTM (CGC®)
Founded in 1999, Certified Guaranty Company is the hobby's most preferred third-party grading service for collectible comics, magazines, photos and lobby cards. CGC offers expert condition analysis, including thorough restoration detection, before grading and encapsulating collectibles in state-of-the-art, archival-safe holders. CGC does not buy or sell collectibles — it is committed to providing an independent opinion that collectors and dealers can always trust, so they can buy and sell with confidence.
CGC is a trademark or registered trademark of Certified Guaranty Company LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All other names and marks referenced in this release are the trade names, trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
|[Image]||Thief of Thieves 1|
- HGST Launches The Highest Capacity Hard Drive For The Mainstream Mobile Market
- Social Media and Digital Agencies Will Vanish Within Ten Years
- DMAi Announces Chairperson For The Convention
- JJsHouse Recommends Its Best-Selling Cocktail Dresses To Customers Worldwide
- British Government Has No Business Interfering With BP Claims Payments, Says Attorney for Businesses Filing BP Claims
- Real Estate SEO Web Development Toolkit Shows Promise For Future of Web Development
- The Leading Hotels of the World, in Collaboration with BiancaFilm and Rai Cinema, Present Viaagio Sola
- Brown Trucking Company Selects Comdata
- Expert Tax Firm Helps Taxpayers Avoid Criminal Prosecution through IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP)
- BE Sustainable Group Expands in Singapore
Related Partner Headlines
- Petronas Posts 30% Decline In Q2 Net Profit - Benzinga
- Mail.Ru H1 Net Profit Rises 54.3% - Benzinga
- Advanced Medical H1 Pretax Profit Surges 72% - Benzinga
- Markets Jump After FOMC Comments on Easing - Benzinga
- Feel the Energy and Excitement of the Forex & Options Expo in Las Vegas - Benzinga
- Amazon's Living Social Stake Sees Value Decline - Benzinga
- Fender Withdraws IPO - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday July 6: Non-Farm Payrolls Edition - Benzinga
- An Introduction to Forex Trading - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday June 22 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
SAP to Work With Specialisterne to Employ People With Autism
Philips CX50 xMATRIX now offers world-class interventional and diagnostic features on single portable system
GigaMedia's Cloud Business Hits New Strategic Milestone: Expansion Into Government Sector
HGST Launches The Highest Capacity Hard Drive For The Mainstream Mobile Market
Social Media and Digital Agencies Will Vanish Within Ten Years
DMAi Announces Chairperson For The Convention
JJsHouse Recommends Its Best-Selling Cocktail Dresses To Customers Worldwide
British Government Has No Business Interfering With BP Claims Payments, Says Attorney for Businesses Filing BP Claims