Advanced Micro Devices - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Monday, 10 September 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, September 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $394.26, representing -1.74% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a negative day with only 8 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $3.51, which represents 1.74%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $3.43 and resistance at $4.47.
Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $14.76 representing 1.69% from its previous close. Taiwan Semiconductor, the largest dedicated semiconductor foundry in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $12.14 and $14.77 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN), which traded at $8.89 representing 0.68% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS) that traded at $42.44 or -4.31% from the previous close. Shares of Cirrus Logic, the provider of high-precision analog and mixed-signal, and embedded processors for audio and industrial markets have defined support at $40.75 and resistance at $43.34. Also among the worst performers was Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which closed at $23.26 representing -3.84% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Sued by Investor
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Receives Bank Waiver Under Credit Facility
- Meadowbrook's Comment on Class Action Complaint
- Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Pomerantz Law Firm has filed a Class Action Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. and Certain Officers - MIG
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. -- MIG
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces That It Has Filed A Form 12b-25 To Allow The Filing Of The Company's Form 10-Q By August 14, 2013
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Provide "A" Rated Policy Issuance Solution
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Comments On A.M. Best Decision To Downgrade Rating For Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines