Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: AMD, STM, RBCN
Published on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, September 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $396.73, representing 0.63% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 20 index components on the plus side.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $3.75, which represents 7.93%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $3.43 and resistance at $4.47.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $5.9 representing 6.22% from its previous close. STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.47 and $6.18 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN), which traded at $9.19 representing 5.69% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT) that traded at $54.37 or -1.13% from the previous close. Shares of Hittite Microwave, the maker of integrated circuits, modules, subsystems and instrumentation for technically demanding radio frequency, microwave and millimeterwave applications have defined support at $50.44 and resistance at $53.25. Also among the worst performers was Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI), which closed at $35.25 representing -0.96% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines