Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: AMD, STM, RBCN
Published on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, September 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $396.73, representing 0.63% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 20 index components on the plus side.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $3.75, which represents 7.93%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $3.43 and resistance at $4.47.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $5.9 representing 6.22% from its previous close. STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.47 and $6.18 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN), which traded at $9.19 representing 5.69% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT) that traded at $54.37 or -1.13% from the previous close. Shares of Hittite Microwave, the maker of integrated circuits, modules, subsystems and instrumentation for technically demanding radio frequency, microwave and millimeterwave applications have defined support at $50.44 and resistance at $53.25. Also among the worst performers was Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI), which closed at $35.25 representing -0.96% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Trading Idea: - Is Advanced Micro Devices close to Resistance?
- Semis Stocks Round Up - Flat: CREE, MU, POWI
- Approaching Support: Advanced Micro Devices
- Semis Underperfoming the S&P 500 :RBCN, MU, SNDK
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: AVGO, NETL, BRCM
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: CREE, MRVL, HITT
- Is Advanced Micro Devices Closing in to Support?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: RBCN, CRUS, MKSI
- STMicroelectronics - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Leading Tech Analyst Updates Outlooks for Apple, Micron, RF Micro Devices, and Advanced Micro Devices
Related Partner Headlines
- Advanced Micro Devices Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (AMD) - TheStreet.com
- Stock Market Story: Nov. 14 - TheStreet.com
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of U.S. Data - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- Stocks to Watch: Cisco, AMD, Staples - TheStreet.com
- AMD Shoots Down Sale Rumors - TheStreet.com
- U.S. to Become World's Top Oil Producer by 2017: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Raises PT to $62 on Hittite Microwave on Favorable Fundamentals - Benzinga
- AMD Appoints Ahmed Yahia Al Idrissi to Board of Directors - Benzinga
- Rubicon Technology Inc. Stock Downgraded (RBCN) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
The Swiss Helvetia Fund, Inc. Declares Income And Capital Gain Distributions
Wowjoint Holdings Limited Reports Fourth Quarter & Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
Ibrutinib Study Results in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Published in The New England Journal of Medicine
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. Announces Adjustment to the Consideration Mix in the Acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc.; Cash Component Increased by $500 Million
Nobel REIT announces initial distribution and nomination of Louis Lemire CPA, C.A., as new Chief Financial Officer
Prestigious German University Partners With MTS To Advance Wind Turbine Performance
Intergraph® Announces 2014 Geospatial Challenge
Catalyst Paper board chairman steps in as interim CEO