Ericsson's 2012 North American Analyst Conference: Optimization All Around
Published on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 07:16 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
STERLING, Va., Sept. 12, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Current Analysis, the market leader in real-time, tactical competitive intelligence for the telecommunications and information technology markets, announced today the release of their advisory report on Ericsson's 2012 North American Analyst Conference. The report covers the five components of the conference with Current Analysis' summary of the vendor's message, aspects of the content that hit the mark, and aspects that might have been missing.
Ericsson held its North American analyst conference at its San Jose, CA headquarters on August 28-29. This year's topics focused heavily on the 'optimization' theme. "From optimizing wireless networks to cope with complexity introduced by small cell network architectures to smartphone proliferation, to optimizing IP transport networks via SDN and multi-layer NMS, to optimizing carrier monetization opportunities through a comprehensive product and services-centric OSS/BSS offering, Ericsson went to lengths to demonstrate its capabilities aimed at improving on the current challenges facing its customers," commented Glen Hunt, Principal Analyst, Transport and Routing Infrastructure at Current Analysis.
The report covers Current Analysis' perspective on the five components of the conference:
- Corporate and technology strategy updates
- 4GIP portfolio, and Ericsson's participation the Silicon Valley ecosystem
- OSS/BSS and global services update
- VoLTE/IMS development and hetnet strategy
- Metro optical strategy
In addition, Mr. Hunt and Jason Marcheck, Service Director, Service Provider Infrastructure at Current Analysis provide a list of recommended actions, both for Ericsson, as well as their end users.
"From a corporate strategy perspective, Ericsson should consider being more active in highlighting success stories that are framed directly vis-à-vis key IP competitors such as Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, and Huawei," observed Mr. Marcheck. "Statements of commitment and select proof points notwithstanding, Ericsson continues to come across as an occupant in Silicon Valley rather than a force to be reckoned with. Taking a more active stance in highlighting ways in which it can better serve IP customers than its rivals in the space would make a much more powerful statement of commitment."
To get all the details of the Current Analysis perspective and download a complimentary copy of this report, please go to http://www.currentanalysis.com/f/2012/ericssonnaconf/.
Sr. Director, Marketing Communications
About Current Analysis
Current Analysis (http://www.currentanalysis.com) has been helping leading telecommunications, information technology and business software companies improve their competitive intelligence, differentiate themselves in the market, and win more business. Current Analysis is the only provider of continuous, in-depth tactical competitive intelligence, analysis, and advice. For more than 15 years, sales teams, product managers, marketing professionals, and executives have relied on Current Analysis as a trusted partner to improve their ability to anticipate and quickly take action on market opportunities and competitive threats. The company serves more than 35,000 professionals at over 1,600 global enterprises.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines