Nomura - Best Performing Broker
Published on Friday, 14 September 2012 17:07 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, September 14th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.4%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers also traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $89.309, which represents 1.03% versus previous day close. The index , it had 9 out of 10 components trading higher.
Nomura (NYSE:NMR) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $3.9 representing 3.72% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan, have defined support at $3.17 and resistance at $3.67.
E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $9.88 representing 3.35% from its previous close. E*TRADE, the online brokerage and financial services provider for individual retail investors has calculated support and resistance levels at $8.26 and $9.06 respectively. The other top performer was Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), which closed the trading session at $18.27 representing 2.07% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ:AMTD) that closed the trading session at $17.46 or -1.47% from the previous close. Shares of TD Ameritrade, the provider of online brokerage services for independent individual investors have defined support at $18.05 and resistance at $19.53. Also among the worst performers was Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), which closed the trading session at $121.15 representing 0.4% from the previous session.
- Goldman Sachs - Best Performing Broker - Mid Day Wrap
- Is E*TRADE Closing in to Resistance?
- Broker Dealer Stocks Round Up - Mid Day - Higher: GS, NMR, AMTD
- Update - Brokers Higher In Focus:NMR, SCHW, AMTD
- TD Ameritrade - Shares Seeking Direction
- Nomura - Worst Performing Broker
- E*TRADE Is Near Resistance
- E*TRADE - Worst Performing Broker
- Broker Dealer Stocks Round Up - Mid Day - Flat: MS, GS, RJF
- Broker Dealer Stocks Round Up - Mid Day - Flat: MS, NMR, RJF
Related Partner Headlines
- Tyson Foods Earnings Report Shows Steady Growth - Benzinga
- Morgan Stanley (MS): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Online Brokerages Find New Ways To Innovate - Benzinga
- Morgan Stanley Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (MS) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Bank of America Reinstates Coverage of Morgan Stanley with a Neutral Rating and $20 PO - Benzinga
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- TD Ameritrade Holding Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (AMTD) - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley Exec May Seek Government Post: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley Needs to Cut to the Bone: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley (MS): Today's Featured Financial Services Winner - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲5.69 (0.16%)
In The Wires
U-Haul Continues to Offer 30 Days of Free Self-Storage and Also Is Offering 30 Days of Free U-Box Portable Moving and Storage to Oklahoma Tornado Victims
Jon Huntsman Funds Charitable Donations With Share Proceeds
Silver Wheaton Announces Election Of Directors
ITG Adds Singapore to Asia Pacific POSIT® coverage
Trez Capital Senior Mortgage Investment Corporation announces May 2013 distribution
Trez Capital Mortgage Investment Corporation Announces May 2013 Distribution
Pandora Chief Revenue Officer to Appear at OMMA Mobile Conference
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of SoundBite Communications, Inc. SDBT