Top Performing Dow Component: Chevron
Published on Monday, 17 September 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, September 17th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13562.7, which represents -0.23% versus its previous trading session close, With only 9 of its components trading in positive territory.
Chevron (NYSE:CVX) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $118.47 representing 1.04% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Chevron, the second largest U.S. energy producer have defined support at $98.17 and resistance at $111.23.
Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $23.96 representing 0.65% from its previous close. Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company maker of Viagra and Lipitor has calculated support and resistance levels at $21.95 and $24.37 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Merck (NYSE:MRK), which is trading at $43.89 representing 0.62% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) that is trading at $9.37 or -1.94% from the previous close. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $7.83 and resistance at $8.40. Also among the worst performers we have Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), which is trading at $19.13 representing -1.85% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1463.14, which represents -0.18% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3177.01 that represents -0.32% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Trading Idea: Momentum Building in Merck
- Is Cisco Ready for a Rest?
- Merck Is Close to Important Technical Levels
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Critical Alerts For Chevron, MGM Mirage, Charter Communications, Quanta Services, and Acadia Released By InvestorsObserver
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Pfizer (PFE) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Leads The Day Higher, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lags - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Elbit Imaging Announces the Court Decision with Respect to Filing of Plan of Arrangement with the Israeli Court
Amphenol Aerospace High Speed Solutions Advances ARINC 801 Fiber Optic Connector Options for Military and Commercial Aerospace Applications
Eltek Ltd. Sets Earnings Release Date and Conference Call for First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
SAP Commits to Driving Skills Development and Job Creation in Africa
LIONSGATE ACHIEVES RECORD SALES AT 2013 CANNES MARKET WITH SLATE OF NINE FILMS LED BY MOCKINGJAY 1 & 2, STEP UP 5 AND THE LAST WITCH HUNTER
Royal Dutch Shell Plc First Quarter 2013 Scrip Dividend Programme Reference Share Price
UMC Establishes its Specialty Technology Center of Excellence in Singapore
ReneSola Obtains JET Certification for Japan Market