Advanced Micro Devices - Worst Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:52 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, September 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading lower at $400.4, representing -0.52% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having an overall mixed day with 13 index components trading higher.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $3.31, which represents 3.76%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $3.06 and resistance at $3.28.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $9.65 representing 2.55% from its previous close. Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows has calculated support and resistance levels at $8.28 and $9.90 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM), which is trading at $36.61 representing 1.44% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) that is trading at $3.69 or -7.98% from the previous close. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $3.43 and resistance at $4.47. Also among the worst performers is STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which is currently trading at $6.29 representing -3.92% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: WFR, MU, NVDA
- Broadcom Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Cree - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Veeco Instruments - Top Performer Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: WFR, VECO, STM
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Is Broadcom Closing in to Resistance?
- Semis Outperfoming the S&P 500 :TER, WFR, RBCN
Related Partner Headlines
- Broadcom Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (BRCM) - TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer's Best Blogs - TheStreet.com
- Broadcom Corporation (BRCM): Today's Featured Electronics Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Advanced Micro Devices Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (AMD) - TheStreet.com
- Stock Market Story: Nov. 14 - TheStreet.com
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of U.S. Data - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Qualcomm, Broadcom, Cisco Looking Good - TheStreet.com
- Stocks to Watch: Cisco, AMD, Staples - TheStreet.com
- AMD Shoots Down Sale Rumors - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:12PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:12PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:4:12PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Actavis Confirms Appeals Court Issues Injunction Related to Generic Pulmicort RESPULES® Distribution
Haemonetics to Present at The Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
China Gerui Advanced Materials Group Limited Announces Conference Call to Discuss First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Speedemissions Reports First Quarter Financial Results
AK Tube Plant Recognized for Outstanding Safety Performance
Independent Proxy Advisory Firms ISS and Glass Lewis Recommend Softchoice Shareholders Vote in Favour of Arrangement Agreement
Barrick provides update on Pascua-Lama
Kroger Extends Partnership With USO To Support Our Troops