Advanced Micro Devices - Worst Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:52 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, September 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading lower at $400.4, representing -0.52% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having an overall mixed day with 13 index components trading higher.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $3.31, which represents 3.76%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $3.06 and resistance at $3.28.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $9.65 representing 2.55% from its previous close. Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows has calculated support and resistance levels at $8.28 and $9.90 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM), which is trading at $36.61 representing 1.44% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) that is trading at $3.69 or -7.98% from the previous close. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $3.43 and resistance at $4.47. Also among the worst performers is STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which is currently trading at $6.29 representing -3.92% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines