TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: KO, KFT, CAT
Published on Tuesday, 18 September 2012 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, September 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13542.2, which represents -0.08% versus its previous trading session close, with 14 of its components trading positively.
Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $38.83 representing 1.24% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Coca Cola, the owner of one of the most valuable brands in the world have defined support at $37.11 and resistance at $40.67.
Kraft (NASDAQ:KFT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $40.01 representing 0.78% from its previous close. Kraft, the maker of Velveeta cheese and Oreo cookies has calculated support and resistance levels at $31.88 and $39.32 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is trading at $92.7 representing 0.77% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Alcoa (NYSE:AA) that is trading at $9.48 or -1.04% from the previous close. Shares of Alcoa, the aluminum producer have defined support at $8.39 and resistance at $9.93. Also among the worst performers we have Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $9.21 representing -0.97% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $0 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is lagging the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 0, which represents 0% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 0 that represents 0% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:KO, HPQ, CAT, VZ, BA
- Critical Alerts For Chevron, Coca Cola, JC Penney, Union Pacific, and US Bancorp Released By InvestorsObserver
- The Range Is Tightening in Bank of America
- Approaching Support: Alcoa
- Trading Idea: What to Expect with Alcoa Breaking Support
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: T, INTC, BA
- Reference Points for Bank of America
- Caterpillar Announces 15 Percent Increase in Dividend Rate
- The Range Is Tightening in Bank of America
- Trading Idea: Is Alcoa close to Support?
Related Partner Headlines
- Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Leads The Day Higher, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Coca-Cola Co (KO): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Winner - TheStreet.com
- Alcoa Inc (AA): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Caterpillar Is Interesting in the Low $80s - TheStreet.com
- Coca-Cola Co Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (KO) - TheStreet.com
- Caterpillar Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CAT) - TheStreet.com
- Rock-Solid Stocks for a Tempestuous Time - TheStreet.com
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Buy Toro, Stay Away From Marvell - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Don't Let Politics Get You Down - TheStreet.com
- Alcoa Inc Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (AA) - TheStreet.com
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Above 50 and Below The 200
Candlesticks – Hammer
Stocks Breaking Support
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Qualcomm Expands Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Processor Tier
Veris Gold Corp. announces appointments
Hawaiian Electric seeks to speed up development of low-cost renewable energy for Oahu
Truett-Hurst, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
Gothic Thriller "Hemlock Grove" Back On Netflix For A Second Season
Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Liquidation and Payment Schedule
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces It Is Investigating Sales Practices Concerning Guaranteed Income Riders To Variable Annuities