Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :LLTC, TXN, NVLS
Published on Thursday, 20 September 2012 16:51 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, September 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $394.63, representing -0.98% from its previous close. The semiconductor index tumbled with 23 index components on the negative side.
Linear Technology (NASDAQ:LLTC) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $33.1, which represents 0.3%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Linear Technology, the maker of linear integrated circuits have defined support at $29.28 and resistance at $33.42.
Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $28.7 representing 0.03% from its previous close. Texas Instruments, the maker of digital signal processing (DSP) and microcontroller (MCU) semiconductors has calculated support and resistance levels at $27.90 and $29.80 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Novellus Systems (NASDAQ:NVLS), which traded at $40.39 representing 0% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) that traded at $10.23 or -4.48% from the previous close. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $8.28 and resistance at $9.90. Also among the worst performers was Avago (NASDAQ:AVGO), which closed at $33.64 representing -4.02% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines