NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Expedia
Published on Friday, 21 September 2012 13:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, September 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2871.55, which represents 0.34% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $60.04 representing 5.17% from its previous trading session. Shares of Expedia, the owner of Expedia.com and Hotels.com have defined support at $50.47 and resistance at $57.00.
Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $60.21 representing 4.79% from its previous close. Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains, has calculated support and resistance levels at $49.51 and $63.78 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Seagate (NASDAQ:STX), which is trading at $30.95 representing 3.1% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $6.53 or -5.44% from the prior close. Shares of Research In Motion, the Blackberry maker have defined support at $7.15 and resistance at $7.86. Also among the worst performers First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), which is trading at $21.4 representing -5.17% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13622.8, which represents 0.19% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1464.06 that represents 0.26% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Apollo
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: ATVI, BIIB, FSLR
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as First Solar Breaks Resistance
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar close to Support?
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- First Solar Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar Breaking Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Sears Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (SHLD) - TheStreet.com
- Seagate Technology PLC Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (STX) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Sears Posts Narrower-Than-Expected Q3 Loss - Benzinga
- 5 Not-Terrible Options for Holiday Travel Procrastinators - TheStreet.com
- Sears Holdings Announces Completion of Partial Spin-Off Of Its Interest In Sears Canada - Benzinga
- Research in Motion's BBM Allows Voice Chats for Free Over Wi-Fi - Benzinga
- Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD): Today's Featured Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Expedia Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (EXPE) - TheStreet.com
- Expedia Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (EXPE) - TheStreet.com
- Research In Motion Ltd (RIMM): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.82 (-1.11%)
In The Wires
SunPower Announces Pricing of $300 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of its 0.75% Senior Convertible Debentures due 2018
The Coffee World Just Got A Little More Exciting
Dentisoft Technologies Offers Dental Symphony Periodontal App (ePerioCare) Integration for Advanced Periodontal Charting
BCC Research Projects the Flexible Devices Manufactured by Roll-to-Roll Technologies to Reach Nearly $22.7 Billion by 2017
Energy Star Certification Makes Leapfrog Lighting’s PAR30 LEDs Eligible for Rebates and Proves the Durability Claim of the Commercial Quality Lamps
Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. Announces The Annual Board of Director Election Results
Condo.ca: Six-Story Wooden Residential Buildings will Line Toronto’s Avenues if Homebuilders have their Way; New York Condo Votes to Make Itself Smoke Free
Profit By Outsourcing Announces 10% Independence Day Discounts on Ecommerce Web Development, Penny Auction Website Development and Shopify Design