Worst Performing Dow Component: McDonald's
Published on Friday, 28 September 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, September 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13439.3, which represents -0.35% versus its previous trading session close, with only four of its components trading in the green.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $19.25 representing 2.42% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Cisco, the networking giant have defined support at $18.35 and resistance at $19.75.
American Express (NYSE:AXP) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $56.87 representing 0.53% from its previous close. American Express, the credit card issuer and travel services company has calculated support and resistance levels at $55.37 and $59.07 respectively. The other top performer this morning is IBM (NYSE:IBM), which is trading at $206.85 representing 0.46% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) that is trading at $90.97 or -2.47% from the previous close. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $87.62 and resistance at $90.76. Also among the worst performers we have Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $22.74 representing -1.49% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1441.72, which represents -0.38% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3125.1 that represents -0.37% from previous session.
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- IBM Analytics Help Arad Group Manage Big Data for Water Meter Solutions
- IBM Unveils New Software to Enable Mainframe Applications on Cloud, Mobile Devices
- IBM PureFlex and SmartCloud Entry Allow Zetark to Help Customers Deploy Clouds Quickly
- Approaching Resistance: Intel
- Big Data Helps City of Dublin Improve its Public Bus Transportation Network and Reduce Congestion
- IBM Cited as a Leader in Business Consulting Services Worldwide
- Is Cisco Ready for a Rest?
- IBM helps transform Thames Water using Big Data Analytics in preparation for future growth
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,341.15 Trade time:3:22PM EDT Value change:▼13.25 (-0.09%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.56 Trade time:3:22PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.05%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,497.40 Trade time:3:22PM EDT Value change:▼1.57 (-0.04%)
In The Wires
Cantel Medical To Present At The Deutsche Bank 38th Annual Health Care Conference
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Acquires Garza Long Group
MiMedx Secures a $3.0 Million Revolving Line of Credit with Bank of America
Norfolk Southern Chief Information Officer to address Wolfe Research 6th Annual Global Transportation Conference
Calling All Grill Masters: Is It Done Yet?
Navistar Hires Bill Kozek As President Of Its North America Truck And Parts Business
United Airlines Welcomes Back Boeing 787 Dreamliner
Pepsi® and Mountain Dew® Kick off an "Iconic Summer" with Prizes and Exclusive fan experiences