NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Starbucks
Published on Tuesday, 02 October 2012 13:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, October 2nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2788.75, which represents -0.2% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the session with slightly less than 50% of its components trading higher.
Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $51.41 representing 4.85% from its previous trading session. Shares of Illumina, the provider of tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis have defined support at $46.50 and resistance at $49.27.
Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $8.24 representing 4.83% from its previous close. Research In Motion, the Blackberry maker , has calculated support and resistance levels at $6.22 and $8.20 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Ctrip.com (NASDAQ:CTRP), which is trading at $17.49 representing 4.42% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), which is trading at $49.15 or -1.98% from the prior close. Shares of Starbucks, the largest coffee shop chain in the world have defined support at $48.99 and resistance at $51.68. Also among the worst performers Expeditors International (NASDAQ:EXPD), which is trading at $35.47 representing -1.85% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13453.2, which represents -0.46% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1442.42 that represents -0.14% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: DLTR, MU, EXPD, RIMM, FSLR
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Apollo
- Trading Idea: - Is Starbucks close to Resistance?
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: ATVI, BIIB, FSLR
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- Approaching Resistance: Starbucks
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: APOL, ERTS, BIIB
- Starbucks Broke Resistance
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
Related Partner Headlines
- Starbucks Buys Teavana For $620 Million (SBUX, TEA, THI) - Investopedia
- Not Worried About the Fiscal Cliff - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Capital Markets Downgrades Teavana Holdings to Hold Following Deal - Benzinga
- Teavana Re-Opens Up 52% - Benzinga
- Teavana Soars as Starbucks Confirms Acquisition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Starbucks to Acquire Teavana for $620M - Benzinga
- Research in Motion's BBM Allows Voice Chats for Free Over Wi-Fi - Benzinga
- Ctrip.com International Ltd. (CTRP): Today's Featured Leisure Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (SBUX) - TheStreet.com
- Illumina Announce VWR International to Distribute qPCR Portfolio - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
JJsHouse Is Now Providing Big Discounts On Its Bridesmaid Dresses
Online Rebates Browser Add-On Distribution Via Software Bundling Powerful Means of Distribution
Sun Damage – Are UV Rays Addictive?
Ford Plans to Hire 3,500 Workers, Reflecting Job Trends on EngineeringCrossing.com
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces That It Is Investigating LPL Financial Over An Alleged $2 Million Theft By A Financial Advisor
Nodah.com: New Website Launch with the Best Hotels in the Top 43 Cities around the World
Playa del Rey Moving Company Provides Tips for Moving Heavy Furniture
How To Stop Drafts and Save On Home Energy Bills This Summer - New Draft Stoppers Now Available From Battic Door Energy Conservation