MKS Instruments - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Tuesday, 02 October 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, October 2nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $382.98, representing 0.49% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 17 index components trading higher.
SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $43.82, which represents 1.88%. from the previous trading session. Shares of SanDisk, the provider of flash data storage products have defined support at $42.00 and resistance at $46.99.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $30.79 representing 1.12% from its previous close. Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions has calculated support and resistance levels at $29.85 and $38.39 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX), which traded at $31.86 representing 0.92% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI) that traded at $23.8 or -5.29% from the previous close. Shares of MKS Instruments, the provider of instruments and components used to measure, control, analyze and isolate gases in semiconductor and other manufacturing processes have defined support at $24.92 and resistance at $28.18. Also among the worst performers was MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which closed at $2.53 representing -3.07% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines