Worst Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
Published on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, October 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13517.6, which represents 0.26% versus its previous trading session close, with 21 of its components trading in positive territory.
Disney (NYSE:DIS) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $52.52 representing 1.7% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Disney, the largest diversified media company in the world have defined support at $47.42 and resistance at $52.00.
Home Depot (NYSE:HD) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $61.28 representing 1.57% from its previous close. Home Depot, the home improvement retailer has calculated support and resistance levels at $51.21 and $60.58 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), which is trading at $19.05 representing 0.93% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $16.18 or -5.55% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $16.23 and resistance at $17.62. Also among the worst performers we have Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.76 representing -1.02% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1452.64, which represents 0.48% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3138.6 that represents 0.59% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:KO, HPQ, CAT, VZ, BA
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Cisco Breaks Resistance
- Approaching Support: Alcoa
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Pfizer
- Trading Idea: What to Expect with Alcoa Breaking Support
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
- Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: HPQ, MSFT, PFE
- Disney's The Lone Ranger™ Rides Into IMAX® Theatres In Select International Markets Aug. 2
- SQUARE ENIX Announces Next Generation Development of KINGDOM HEARTS III
- Dow's Top Performers :UNH, HD, DIS
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Should the Alarms Sound at F5 Networks? - TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer: Washington Pulls the Rug Out - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Veris Gold Corp. announces appointments
Hawaiian Electric seeks to speed up development of low-cost renewable energy for Oahu
Truett-Hurst, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
Gothic Thriller "Hemlock Grove" Back On Netflix For A Second Season
Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Liquidation and Payment Schedule
Race Across America Powered By Trane Speeds Through Indiana
Lender Processing Services, Inc. Announces an Adjustment to the Consideration Mix in Its Acquisition by Fidelity National Financial, Inc.