NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Dollar Tree
Published on Friday, 05 October 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, October 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2828.32, which represents -0.01% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $48.49 representing 3.5% from its previous trading session. Shares of Dollar Tree, the operator of a discount variety single-price-point retail chain have defined support at $45.43 and resistance at $49.57.
Apollo (NASDAQ:APOL) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $29.43 representing 2.69% from its previous close. Apollo, the provider of educational programs, has calculated support and resistance levels at $27.71 and $30.05 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), which is trading at $9.68 representing 2.27% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), which is trading at $20.2 or -10.42% from the prior close. Shares of First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world have defined support at $20.00 and resistance at $23.39. Also among the worst performers Citrix Systems (NASDAQ:CTXS), which is trading at $72.79 representing -2.49% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13634.8, which represents 0.44% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1466.63 that represents 0.36% from its previous close.
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar close to Support?
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- First Solar Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: APOL, ERTS, BIIB
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar Breaking Out?
- First Solar Is Close to Resistance
- NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: WFM, CTSH, APOL
- Will First Solar recover?
- Citrix Systems - Shares Seeking Direction
Related Partner Headlines
- Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
- First Solar Inc. Stock Sell Recommendation Reiterated (FSLR) - TheStreet.com
- Earnings Expectations for the Week of November 19 - Benzinga
- The Week Ahead: Lowes, Hewlett-Packard, Deere Earnings; Existing Home Sales - Benzinga
- Dell Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (DELL) - TheStreet.com
- Stocks Flat Ahead of Fiscal Cliff Summit - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $14 on Dell; Maintains Buy on Valuation - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Fall Ahead of Fiscal Cliff Talks - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Reiterates Underperform Rating, Lowers PT on Dell - Benzinga
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,391.80 Trade time:12:06PM EDT Value change:▲37.40 (0.24%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,672.83 Trade time:12:06PM EDT Value change:▲5.36 (0.32%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,509.36 Trade time:12:06PM EDT Value change:▲10.39 (0.30%)
In The Wires
Infinite Convergence Study Finds More Than 1 in 3 Mobile Phone Owners Subscribe to Mobile Messages from Businesses
GM Hires Detroit-area High Schoolers to Serve, Learn, Lead
Royalty Pharma Increases Offer for Elan to $12.50 Per Share in All Cash
VASCO Conference Call Cronto Acquisition Dial-In Information
Visteon Experts are "Thinking Outside the Box" and Discussing V2X Technology
United Technologies Releases Study by the Rhodium Group on Economic and Commercial Power of Investing in Energy Efficient Buildings
Hugoton Royalty Trust Declares May Cash Distribution
Marine Petroleum Trust Announces Second Quarter Cash Distribution