Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: AA, CSCO, UNH
Published on Monday, 08 October 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, October 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13579.2, which represents -0.23% versus its previous trading session close, .
Alcoa (NYSE:AA) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $9.16 representing 0.77% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Alcoa, the aluminum producer have defined support at $8.65 and resistance at $9.93.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $19 representing 0.74% from its previous close. Cisco, the networking giant has calculated support and resistance levels at $18.35 and $19.40 respectively. The other top performer this morning is United Health (NYSE:UNH), which is trading at $57.53 representing 0.7% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Home Depot (NYSE:HD) that is trading at $62.37 or -1.31% from the previous close. Shares of Home Depot, the home improvement retailer have defined support at $51.21 and resistance at $60.58. Also among the worst performers we have Disney (NYSE:DIS), which is trading at $52.36 representing -1.15% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1454.63, which represents -0.43% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3111.7 that represents -0.78% from previous session.
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- The Home Depot Declares First Quarter Dividend Of 39 Cents
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- The Home Depot to Speak at Goldman Sachs Fourth Annual dotCommerce Day
- Reference Points for United Health
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University" Hits Campus with Music from Randy Newman and Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- The Home Depot Foundation Creates $1 Million Fund for Spring Storm Relief and Recovery Efforts
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Today's Featured Health Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- Should the Alarms Sound at F5 Networks? - TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer: Washington Pulls the Rug Out - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
FuneralFinancials.com Releases Last Wishes Must-Do List
Valley Auto Loans Releases New Blog Post that Advises on High Risk Auto Loans
Debt Collection Expert Discusses 5 Credit Score Misconceptions
fishbat Raves About Yahoo’s Update to Flickr
VoIPReview.org Reveals the Top 3 Ways that Companies Save Money on International Business by Using VoIP
Mediation.com Announces Addition of Attorney Herbert M. Rowland, Jr. to its Mediator Network
Jim Case Carlton’s Training Announces New Coaching Strategies For Workplace Goals
Mud Rooms: Designing and Converting Perfect Functional Spaces Online