J. M. Smucker - Above Average Volume Detected
Published on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 11:38 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, October 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - Unusual high volume detected on shares of J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM) early in the trading session. The pace in volume of J. M. Smucker points to a break above average, with sellers in control, as the stock is 0.84% lower.
The J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM) manufactures and markets food products. Its principal products include peanut butter, shortening and oils, fruit spreads, canned milk, baking mixes and ready-to-spread frostings, flour and baking ingredients, juices and beverages, frozen sandwiches, dessert toppings, syrups, pickles and condiments, and potato side dishes.
J. M. Smucker has already traded 0.833 times its 3-month average volume and has calculated support and resistance at $74.32 and $84.78 respectively. Traders like to use volume as their lie detector for price action movement through predefined trading ranges.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading lower by -0.78% from its previous trading close, which means that J. M. Smucker stock is underperforming the overall market.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines