Dow's Top Performers :KO, MRK, AA
Published on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, October 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13499.5, which represents -0.62% versus its previous trading session close, With only 8 of its components trading in positive territory.
Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $38.73 representing 0.39% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Coca Cola, the owner of one of the most valuable brands in the world have defined support at $37.11 and resistance at $40.67.
Merck (NYSE:MRK) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $46.51 representing 0.37% from its previous close. Merck, the maker of Singulair and Zocor has calculated support and resistance levels at $33.13 and $45.70 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $9.14 representing 0.22% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) that is trading at $21.94 or -2.53% from the previous close. Shares of Intel, the largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $22.48 and resistance at $26.90. Also among the worst performers we have JNJ (NYSE:JNJ), which is trading at $68.39 representing -1.51% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1444.88, which represents -0.76% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3071.26 that represents -1.32% from previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines