TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:WMT, MCD, JPM, CVX, AA
Published on Wednesday, 10 October 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, October 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13402.2, which represents -0.53% versus its previous trading session close, With only 8 of its components trading in positive territory.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $76.44 representing 3.1% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world have defined support at $57.18 and resistance at $75.19.
McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $92.94 representing 0.9% from its previous close. McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $87.62 and $90.76 respectively. The other top performer this morning is JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), which is trading at $41.61 representing 0.56% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Chevron (NYSE:CVX) that is trading at $112.58 or -4.07% from the previous close. Shares of Chevron, the second largest U.S. energy producer have defined support at $98.17 and resistance at $118.50. Also among the worst performers we have Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.76 representing -4.05% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1436.03, which represents -0.38% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3057.04 that represents -0.26% from previous session.
- Alcoa Is in a Very Tight Range
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
- Alcoa Is in a Tight Range between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Walmart, Sam's Club and Operation Homefront Kick off Saluting Heroes Together Series on Armed Forces Day
- Critical Alerts For JPMorgan, Whole Foods, T Rowe Price, Randgold Resources, and Ciena Released By InvestorsObserver
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Critical Alerts For Chevron, MGM Mirage, Charter Communications, Quanta Services, and Acadia Released By InvestorsObserver
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: AXP, PG, WMT
Related Partner Headlines
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Lower - TheStreet.com
- McDonald's to Replace Head of U.S. Operations - TheStreet.com
- Chevron Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CVX) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Wal-Mart Q3 Profit Rises 9% - Benzinga
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Chevron (CVX) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Oppenheimer Holdings Reiterates Outperform Rating, $130 PT on Chevron Corporation - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,366.36 Trade time:11:47AM EDT Value change:▲31.08 (0.20%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.58 Trade time:11:47AM EDT Value change:▲1.29 (0.08%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,497.96 Trade time:11:47AM EDT Value change:▲1.53 (0.04%)
In The Wires
Media Alert / Photo Opportunity - Canadian Tire stores across Canada celebrate Jumpstart Day to help local kids get in the game
MainStreet Bank Offers aircharity® Product to Community Banks in Oklahoma
Allstate Announces Quarterly Dividend
Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
American Woodmark Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter Conference Call On The Internet
BOREAL WATER Signs a Private Label Deal With DEAN & DELUCA
BD Board Declares Dividend
Marriott Foundation Funds New Charitable Initiative Supporting Youth In China