Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: LRCX, VECO, AMD
Published on Thursday, 11 October 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, October 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $368.66, representing 0.17% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 20 index components on the plus side.
Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $32.6, which represents 2.23%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Lam Research, the maker of semiconductor processing equipment have defined support at $31.17 and resistance at $35.08.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $28.39 representing 1.87% from its previous close. Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions has calculated support and resistance levels at $29.85 and $38.39 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD), which traded at $3.2 representing 1.59% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC) that traded at $45.07 or -1.05% from the previous close. Shares of KLA-Tencor, the maker of yield management and process monitoring systems for the semiconductor industry have defined support at $46.42 and resistance at $48.94. Also among the worst performers was Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM), which closed at $15.02 representing -0.69% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines