Are the Bears Taking Control over Marathon Oil?
Published on Friday, 12 October 2012 05:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, October 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO) ended the trading session lower by $0.1 or -0.34% from its previous close. Marathon's price action formed what is considered to be a bearish engulfing candlestick chart pattern.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), through its subsidiaries, is an oil and natural gas exploration and production firm with operations worldwide. The Company explores for and produces liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas on a worldwide basis. Marathon also mines, extracts and transports bitumen from oil sands deposits in Alberta, Canada.
Marathon's current stock range is determined by calculated support defined at $29.37 and by the resistance level at $31.21, which should be used by traders planning their next move.
If traders want to establish a position in Marathon Oil, they need to pay close attention at the bearish engulfing pattern, since it could mark a trend reversal in the current price action. The Bearish engulfing pattern is a leading warning sign; therefore, traders should closely monitor Marathon Oil for indications of a trend reversal. Below an Engulfing Bearish Candle Illustration:
- Allstate, American Football Coaches Association Name 22 College Football Players to the 2013 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®
- Allstate Named To 2013 Working Mother 100 Best Companies
- Allstate's Drivewise® Hits One Billion Miles Driven: Expansion Continues
- Allstate Publishes 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, "Knowledge Applied"
- What Life Insurance Can Do For You
- Protect Your Stuff At School
- Allstate to Present at Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- The Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion® is Set to Celebrate Family in Orlando Aug. 29 - Sept. 2
- Brownsville Remains Texas' Safest Driving City
- Visalia Leads All California Cities on 2013 "Allstate America's Best Drivers Report™"
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines