Are the Bears Taking Control over Marathon Oil?
Published on Friday, 12 October 2012 05:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, October 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO) ended the trading session lower by $0.1 or -0.34% from its previous close. Marathon's price action formed what is considered to be a bearish engulfing candlestick chart pattern.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), through its subsidiaries, is an oil and natural gas exploration and production firm with operations worldwide. The Company explores for and produces liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas on a worldwide basis. Marathon also mines, extracts and transports bitumen from oil sands deposits in Alberta, Canada.
Marathon's current stock range is determined by calculated support defined at $29.37 and by the resistance level at $31.21, which should be used by traders planning their next move.
If traders want to establish a position in Marathon Oil, they need to pay close attention at the bearish engulfing pattern, since it could mark a trend reversal in the current price action. The Bearish engulfing pattern is a leading warning sign; therefore, traders should closely monitor Marathon Oil for indications of a trend reversal. Below an Engulfing Bearish Candle Illustration:
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines