Dow Jones Round Up - Higher: TRV, VZ, T
Published on Thursday, 18 October 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, October 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13578.2, which represents 0.16% versus its previous trading session close, with 17 of its components trading in positive territory.
Travelers (NYSE:TRV) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $74.21 representing 3.96% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Travelers, the property and casualty insurer have defined support at $60.62 and resistance at $69.24.
Verizon (NYSE:VZ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $45.84 representing 2.5% from its previous close. Verizon, the owner of the largest wireless network with more subscribers in the U.S. has calculated support and resistance levels at $43.75 and $48.77 respectively. The other top performer this morning is AT&T (NYSE:T), which is trading at $36.15 representing 1.2% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include American Express (NYSE:AXP) that is trading at $57.78 or -2.68% from the previous close. Shares of American Express, the credit card issuer and travel services company have defined support at $56.05 and resistance at $59.00. Also among the worst performers we have IBM (NYSE:IBM), which is trading at $198.23 representing -1.2% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1462.98, which represents 0.14% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3100.71 that represents -0.11% from previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines