Dow's Top Performers :BAC, UNH, WMT
Published on Friday, 19 October 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, October 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13383.2, which represents -1.22% versus its previous trading session close, with only three of its components trading in green territory.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $9.53 representing 0.58% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $9.04 and resistance at $9.60.
United Health (NYSE:UNH) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $56.04 representing 0.05% from its previous close. United Health, the owner and manager of organized health systems has calculated support and resistance levels at $50.32 and $58.29 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), which is trading at $76.57 representing 0.01% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) that is trading at $89.6 or -3.51% from the previous close. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $87.62 and resistance at $90.76. Also among the worst performers we have Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is trading at $84.2 representing -2.79% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1438.04, which represents -1.32% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3014.83 that represents -1.89% from previous session.
- Walmart Statement on Hisense Sero 7 Tablet Launch
- McDonald's Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Reference Points for United Health
- Dan Bartlett Joins Walmart as Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs
- Walmart and Sam's Club Celebrate Nationwide Launch to Hire Veterans During its Saluting Heroes Together Event in San Antonio
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- First Use of Natural Gas to Power Equipment for Hydraulic Fracturing in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- United Health Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Today's Featured Health Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,226.35 Trade time:10:31AM EDT Value change:▼68.15 (-0.45%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,639.89 Trade time:10:31AM EDT Value change:▼10.62 (-0.64%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,436.65 Trade time:10:31AM EDT Value change:▼22.77 (-0.66%)
In The Wires
Iconix Acquires The Remaining 49% Interest In Ecko Unltd., and Marc Ecko Cut & Sew
Comcast Awards $66,000 In Scholarships To Virginia High School Seniors
Marret Resource Corp. announces appointments to the Board and certain amendments to its corporate governance policies
Total Communicator Solutions signs long term license agreement with Engage Mobility to create one of the first Augmented Reality mobile engagement platforms
Rainy River Resources Provides Project Update
GridSense™, an Acorn Energy Company, Provides The Industry's First 500kV High-Voltage Inspection Camera
Top Tech Analyst Updates Outlooks for QLogic, Intel, Dell, Towerstream and TowerJazz Semiconductor
Biozoom Appoints Director Of Business Development/Sales And Corporate Secretary