NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: SNDK, ISRG, ORLY, MRVL, QGEN
Published on Friday, 19 October 2012 13:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, October 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2690.38, which represents -1.96% versus its previous close. The index is an a broad decline with more than 85% of its components on the red.
SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $44.97 representing 4.93% from its previous trading session. Shares of SanDisk, the provider of flash data storage products have defined support at $41.93 and resistance at $45.27.
Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $542.35 representing 1.22% from its previous close. Intuitive Surgical, the maker of da Vinci surgical systems, has calculated support and resistance levels at $489.04 and $544.21 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is O'Reilly (NASDAQ:ORLY), which is trading at $80.28 representing 0.45% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), which is trading at $7.6 or -13.99% from the prior close. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $8.67 and resistance at $10.54. Also among the worst performers QIAGEN (NASDAQ:QGEN), which is trading at $17.35 representing -5.09% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13385, which represents -1.21% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1438.01 that represents -1.33% from its previous close.
- Trading Idea: - Is Marvell close to Resistance?
- Semis Underperfoming the S&P 500 :RBCN, MU, SNDK
- Marvell near Support
- Cirrus Logic - Worst Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Intuitive Surgical Is in a Tight Range between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Reference Points for SanDisk
- Is O'Reilly Trade Over?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: CREE, MRVL, HITT
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Applied Materials
- Marvell Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
Related Partner Headlines
- O'Reilly Automotive Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ORLY) - TheStreet.com
- Intuitive Surgical Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ISRG) - TheStreet.com
- SanDisk Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (SNDK) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- Abercrombie, OfficeMax and Other Top Performers in the Past 30 Days - Benzinga
- Intuitive Surgical Inc. (ISRG): Today's Featured Health Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- SanDisk Corp (SNDK): Today's Featured Electronics Laggard - TheStreet.com
- O'Reilly Automotive Inc (ORLY): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Prices Public Offering Of Common Shares
Ellington Residential Mortgage REIT Announces Dividend for the Second Quarter of 2013 and Provides Portfolio Update
72nd Common Stock Monthly Dividend Increase Declared By Realty Income
Realty Income Declares Preferred Stock Monthly Dividends
Northrop Grumman Delivers First AQS-24A Airborne Mine-hunting Vehicle to Japan
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., Dole Food Company, Inc., Erickson Air-Crane, Inc. and Uni-Pixel, Inc.
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Belo Corp., Centerline Holding Company, Invacare Corporation and StellarOne Corporation
DEADLINE ALERT: Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Reminds Shareholders of Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation of Upcoming Deadline