Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :POWI, VECO, NVDA
Published on Tuesday, 23 October 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, October 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $366.05, representing 0.15% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 15 index components trading higher.
Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $28.94, which represents 5.66%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Power Integrations, the maker of proprietary, high-voltage, analog integrated circuits for use in ac to dc conversion have defined support at $27.88 and resistance at $31.46.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $30.5 representing 5.61% from its previous close. Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions has calculated support and resistance levels at $27.78 and $30.8 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA), which traded at $12.35 representing 3.17% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Teradyne (NYSE:TER) that traded at $13.78 or -2.79% from the previous close. Shares of Teradyne, the semiconductor test equipment maker have defined support at $13.4 and resistance at $14.36. Also among the worst performers was MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which closed at $2.35 representing -2.49% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines