NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: GILD, ILMN, CHKP
Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, October 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2664.95, which represents -0.04% versus its previous close. The index is under pressure with more than 60% of its components trading on negative territory.
Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $68.96 representing 6.24% from its previous trading session. Shares of Gilead, the biopharmaceutical company that offer drugs for the treatment of Aids and liver disease have defined support at $66.38 and resistance at $69.78.
Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $46.47 representing 2.83% from its previous close. Illumina, the provider of tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis, has calculated support and resistance levels at $46.50 and $52.97 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Check Point Software (NASDAQ:CHKP), which is trading at $43.9 representing 2.45% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), which is trading at $58.28 or -14.57% from the prior close. Shares of Netflix, the online video rental company have defined support at $63.40 and resistance at $69.84. Also among the worst performers Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR), which is trading at $30.41 representing -6.78% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13121, which represents 0.14% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1414.61 that represents 0.11% from its previous close.
- Altera Is in a Well Structured Setup
- NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: NFLX, RIMM, MU, VRTX, NIHD
- Is Altera Expecting Resistance?
- NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: NIHD, VRTX, ALTR
- Cirrus Logic - Worst Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Trading Idea: What to Expect with Altera Breaking Support
- Is Altera Close to Support?
- Below Support: Altera
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, CREE, NVLS
- NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: FLEX, CTRP, FSLR, NFLX, ALTR
Related Partner Headlines
- Gilead Sciences Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (GILD) - TheStreet.com
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CHKP) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Alfred Fried & Company Initiates Netflix at Underperform; Not a Sound Acquisition - Benzinga
- Netflix Inc. (NFLX): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Winner - TheStreet.com
- Gilead Announces Results from Two Phase 3 Stribild HIV Studies - Benzinga
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Markets Reiterates Gilead Sciences at Outperform on Positive ELECTRON Data Results - Benzinga
- Gilead Stock Hits New 52-Week High (GILD) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Raises PT to $95 on Gilead Sciences on Latest Data - Benzinga
- Netflix Inc. Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (NFLX) - TheStreet.com
- Check Point Leaves Investors Feeling Insecure - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Launch Of Private Offering Of Senior Notes
Systemax Comments on Federal Criminal Charges Against Carl Fiorentino
Top 5 Causes of Clogged Drains Resulting in Emergency Sewer Repair Calls to an Las Vegas Plumbing Contractor
Veris Gold Corp. elects nine-member board
Intercept Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
Outlook with Ben Kingsley Highlighting Green Product Popularity in a New Report
Join Dwight Clark, MLS’ Garber, Quakes and Sharks Bosses June 20
Acumatica Cloud ERP Launches 4.1 Beta