NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: GILD, ILMN, CHKP
Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, October 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2664.95, which represents -0.04% versus its previous close. The index is under pressure with more than 60% of its components trading on negative territory.
Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $68.96 representing 6.24% from its previous trading session. Shares of Gilead, the biopharmaceutical company that offer drugs for the treatment of Aids and liver disease have defined support at $66.38 and resistance at $69.78.
Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $46.47 representing 2.83% from its previous close. Illumina, the provider of tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis, has calculated support and resistance levels at $46.50 and $52.97 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Check Point Software (NASDAQ:CHKP), which is trading at $43.9 representing 2.45% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), which is trading at $58.28 or -14.57% from the prior close. Shares of Netflix, the online video rental company have defined support at $63.40 and resistance at $69.84. Also among the worst performers Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR), which is trading at $30.41 representing -6.78% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 13121, which represents 0.14% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1414.61 that represents 0.11% from its previous close.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines