Worst Performing Dow Component: Boeing
Published on Thursday, 25 October 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, October 25th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13054.7, which represents -0.17% versus its previous trading session close, with 16 of its components trading in positive territory.
Procter (NYSE:PG) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $70.62 representing 3.73% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Procter, the global consumer products company have defined support at $59.07 and resistance at $66.93.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $14.27 representing 1.64% from its previous close. Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers has calculated support and resistance levels at $14.02 and $14.85 respectively. The other top performer this morning is JNJ (NYSE:JNJ), which is trading at $71.45 representing 1% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Boeing (NYSE:BA) that is trading at $71.13 or -2.18% from the previous close. Shares of Boeing, the maker of the 787 Dreamliner have defined support at $70.02 and resistance at $74.26. Also among the worst performers we have Home Depot (NYSE:HD), which is trading at $60.47 representing -1.32% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1407.14, which represents -0.11% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2979.14 that represents -0.09% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
- Boeing Begins Certification Testing on 747-8 Performance Improvements
- Procter & Gamble's Patent Infringement Lawsuit Refuted By CAO Group
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
- The Home Depot Foundation Creates $1 Million Fund for Spring Storm Relief and Recovery Efforts
- The Home Depot Announces First Quarter Results; Raises Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
- Boeing Showcases BBJ 3 for the First Time at EBACE 2013
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- ViaSat Announces Next Generation Broadband Satellite
Related Partner Headlines
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Boeing Co (BA): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: CLNE, HON, BA, HD - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Good Reasons to Stay in the Market - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Boeing (BA) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Has the Moment Finally Arrived for Boeing Shares? - TheStreet.com
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Technology Sector Lower - TheStreet.com
- Boeing Co Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (BA) - TheStreet.com
- Tag Team: JNJ Dividend Trade - TheStreet.com
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Below 50 and Below The 200
Candlesticks – Tweezer Top
Stocks Near Support
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,408.85 Trade time:1:38PM EDT Value change:▲73.57 (0.48%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,672.24 Trade time:1:38PM EDT Value change:▲5.95 (0.36%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,507.07 Trade time:1:38PM EDT Value change:▲10.64 (0.30%)
In The Wires
Covenant Health and MemorialCare Health System Receive National Honors for Improving Care Quality, Creating $20M in Savings
KeyBank Pledges 5 Percent Annual Increase in SBA-Guaranteed Loans to Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
ENR Global Construction Summit to Explore Impact of Globalization, June 6-7 in NYC
To Ensure Timely SEC Reporting and Submmissions, Energy Edge Technologies Corporation (EEDG) Said It Will Recruit a 'Full Time' CFO to Avoid Having to File Form 8-K Late Ever Again, But Expects To Be Fully Compliant This Week and Stay That Way
NCI Building Systems Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Conference Call On The Internet
AEP Announces Live Webcast Of Presentation By CEO At Sanford Bernstein Conference May 29
Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Announces May Distribution
Pure Multi-Family REIT LP Announces May Distribution