Micron Technology - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Thursday, 25 October 2012 16:51 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, October 25th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $365.47, representing 1.37% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 20 index components on the plus side.
Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $5.69, which represents 10.06%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Micron Technology, the dynamic random access memory chips maker have defined support at $5.63 and resistance at $6.03.
Teradyne (NYSE:TER) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $14.68 representing 7.78% from its previous close. Teradyne, the semiconductor test equipment maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $13.40 and $14.36 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which traded at $2.38 representing 3.48% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS) that traded at $39.01 or -4.31% from the previous close. Shares of Cirrus Logic, the provider of high-precision analog and mixed-signal, and embedded processors for audio and industrial markets have defined support at $37.89 and resistance at $41.45. Also among the worst performers was MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI), which closed at $22.99 representing -3.32% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines