Tweezer Top Pattern in Domino's Pizza
Published on Friday, 26 October 2012 04:33 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, October 26th (TradersHuddle.com) - Domino's Pizza, Inc. (NYSE:DPZ) closed the trading session higher by $0.29 or 0.72% from its previous close. The latest price action developed a short term reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer top, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of an uptrend. Given that the tweezer top is considered a reversal pattern, traders with long positions need to monitor the price action for confirmation of weakness, and plan the position accordingly.
Domino's Pizza, Inc. (NYSE:DPZ) operates a network of Company-owned and franchise Domino's Pizza stores, located throughout the U.S. and other countries. The Company also operates regional dough manufacturing and distribution centers in the U.S. and internationally.
Domino's stock has been in a defined range with calculated support at $39.34 and resistance at $41.51. Given the possibility of short-term weakness in the stock's price, this range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Tweezer tops are exactly the opposite of tweezer bottoms, as they define a resistance point for Domino's Pizza that needs to be digested prior for the stock to move to a higher level.
Tweezer tops can be formed at the end of an uptrend, at a clear horizontal resistance point, or within a downtrend when price action is dealing with the declining resistance trend. Like any other candlestick pattern, it needs confirmation by trading below the previous day low. Below there is an example of the Tweezer Top reversal pattern:
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines