High Above Average Volume on Xylem
Published on Friday, 26 October 2012 11:38 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, October 26th (TradersHuddle.com) - Unusual high volume detected on shares of Xylem Inc. (NYSE:XYL) early in the trading session. The pace in volume of Xylem is already above average, with buyers stepping in, as the stock is 1.15% higher.
Xylem Inc. (NYSE:XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the most challenging water and wastewater problems around the world. Launched in 2011 from the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y.
Xylem has already traded 1.222 times its 3-month average volume and has calculated support and resistance at $23.41 and $26.00 respectively. Traders like to use volume as their lie detector for price action movement through predefined trading ranges.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading lower by -0.36% from its previous trading close, which means that Xylem stock is outperforming the overall market.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines