Tweezer Top Pattern in Coldwater Creek
Published on Monday, 29 October 2012 04:15 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, October 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - Coldwater Creek Inc. (NASDAQ:CWTR) closed the trading session higher by $0.01 or 0.25% from its previous close. The latest price action developed a short term reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer top, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of an uptrend. Given that the tweezer top is considered a reversal pattern, traders with long positions need to monitor the price action for confirmation of weakness, and plan the position accordingly.
Coldwater Creek Inc. (NASDAQ:CWTR) is a specialty direct mail retailer of apparel, gifts, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Company markets its merchandise primarily through catalogs, including Northcountry, Spirit of the West, Natural Elements, and Home.
Coldwater Creek's stock has been in a defined range with calculated support at $3.56 and resistance at $4.36. Given the possibility of short-term weakness in the stock's price, this range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Tweezer tops are exactly the opposite of tweezer bottoms, as they define a resistance point for Coldwater Creek that needs to be digested prior for the stock to move to a higher level.
Tweezer tops can be formed at the end of an uptrend, at a clear horizontal resistance point, or within a downtrend when price action is dealing with the declining resistance trend. Like any other candlestick pattern, it needs confirmation by trading below the previous day low. Below there is an example of the Tweezer Top reversal pattern:
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines