TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: AXP, UNH, MMM
Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, November 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 12580.4, which represents 0.3% versus its previous trading session close, with 14 of its components trading positively.
American Express (NYSE:AXP) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $54.45 representing 1.51% versus the previous trading session. Shares of American Express, the credit card issuer and travel services company have defined support at $54.95 and resistance at $59.00.
United Health (NYSE:UNH) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $52 representing 1.47% from its previous close. United Health, the owner and manager of organized health systems has calculated support and resistance levels at $53.39 and $58.29 respectively. The other top performer this morning is 3M (NYSE:MMM), which is trading at $88.99 representing 1.1% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $12.62 or -3.52% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $13.07 and resistance at $14.48. Also among the worst performers we have Verizon (NYSE:VZ), which is trading at $41 representing -1.68% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.34 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0.89 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1357.86, which represents 0.33% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2848.67 that represents 0.41% from previous session.
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- United Health Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Verizon Is Close to Resistance
- Verizon Maryland LLC to Redeem 7.15% Debentures, Due May 1, 2023
- Verizon: Rules for Railroads Don't Track With the Policy Needs of 21st Century Telecom Technologies
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Verizon Presents Free Webinar on May 16 Featuring Denise Hart
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: AXP, PG, WMT
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Expands In North Warren, Pennsylvania
- Is United Health Closing in to Resistance?
Related Partner Headlines
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Dow Component 3M (MMM) To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow - TheStreet.com
- 3M Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (MMM) - TheStreet.com
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Today's Featured Health Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: 3M (MMM) Leads The Day Higher, Chevron (CVX) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- 3M Co (MMM): Today's Featured Conglomerates Laggard - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,366.00 Trade time:1:04PM EDT Value change:▲11.60 (0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.33 Trade time:1:04PM EDT Value change:▲1.86 (0.11%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,499.64 Trade time:1:03PM EDT Value change:▲0.67 (0.02%)
In The Wires
Rentrak Announces Top DVD & Blu-ray Sales And Rentals For Week Ending May 12, 2013
Permian Basin Royalty Trust Announces May Cash Distribution
Craneware Receives Excellence in Service Award at 2013 Amerinet Member Conference
S&P Capital IQ Picks AFLAC Inc. Focus Stock of the Week
Briggs & Stratton Corporation Powers Neighborhood Harmony
Royal Dutch Shell plc Buyback of Own Shares
Energtek Reports First Quarter Revenues of $2.1M
Digital Power Corporation Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2013