TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BAC, VZ, JPM
Published on Monday, 19 November 2012 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, November 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 12766.8, which represents 1.42% versus its previous trading session close, with only two of its components trading in the red.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $9.46 representing 3.74% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $8.95 and resistance at $9.97.
Verizon (NYSE:VZ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $42.64 representing 3% from its previous close. Verizon, the owner of the largest wireless network with more subscribers in the U.S. has calculated support and resistance levels at $42.01 and $46.42 respectively. The other top performer this morning is JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), which is trading at $40.6 representing 2.69% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) that is trading at $20.16 or -0.15% from the previous close. Shares of Intel, the largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $19.95 and resistance at $22.54. Also among the worst performers we have Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), which is trading at $26.51 representing -0.04% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $86.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1382.98, which represents 1.7% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2905.56 that represents 1.84% from previous session.
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Announce Preliminary Results of Merger Consideration Elections by Met-Pro Shareholders
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Anticipate Closing Mergers between August 27-29, Set Merger Consideration Election Deadline
- CECO Environmental Reports Second Quarter and Six Month 2013 Results
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces Memorandum of Understanding as to Settlement of Shareholder Litigation Relating to CECO Merger
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces First Quarter Financial Results