Cabot Oil & Gas - Bears taking control?
Published on Monday, 26 November 2012 04:45 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, November 26th (TradersHuddle.com) - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) closed the trading session higher by $0.42 or 0.85% from its previous close. The latest price action developed a short term reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer top, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of an uptrend. Given that the tweezer top is considered a reversal pattern, traders with long positions need to monitor the price action for confirmation of weakness, and plan the position accordingly.
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) is an independent oil and gas company that develops, explores, and extracts oil and gas in properties located in North America. The Company holds interests Appalachian Basin, onshore Gulf Coast, including south and east Texas and north Louisiana, the Rocky Mountains and the Anadarko Basin as well as in the deep gas basin of Western Canada.
Cabot's stock has been in a defined range with calculated support at $42.14 and resistance at $49.89. Given the possibility of short-term weakness in the stock's price, this range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Tweezer tops are exactly the opposite of tweezer bottoms, as they define a resistance point for Cabot Oil & Gas that needs to be digested prior for the stock to move to a higher level.
Tweezer tops can be formed at the end of an uptrend, at a clear horizontal resistance point, or within a downtrend when price action is dealing with the declining resistance trend. Like any other candlestick pattern, it needs confirmation by trading below the previous day low. Below there is an example of the Tweezer Top reversal pattern:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”