Bulls taking Control of J.C. Penney?
Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 04:33 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, November 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) ended the trading session higher by $0.29 or 1.68% from its previous close. J.C. Penney's price action formed what is considered to be a bullish engulfing candle that could very well signal a continuation of trend or reversal of the ongoing weakness.
J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) operates department stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company provides merchandise and services to consumers through department stores, catalog departments, and the Internet. JCPenney markets primarily family apparel, jewelry, shoes, accessories, and home furnishings.
J.C. Penney's recent stock range was formed by a trough where calculated support was defined at $15.69 and by a peak that established the resistance level at $17.93. This range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in J.C. Penney or traders that are already holding the stock can use the bullish engulfing pattern to their advantage. The pattern provides a defined risk, as it shows where the bears were able to push the stock down, before the bulls step in with a bid.
The bullish engulfing pattern is a leading indicator that provides an alert to the bulls that the trend will continue or that there is an immediate reversal to the short-term weakness seen on the stock. Below an Engulfing Bullish Candle Illustration:
- CDI Announces William Wasilewski as Executive Vice President of Its Global Engineering and Technology Solutions Business
- CDI Corp. Reports Second Quarter 2013 Results
- CDI Corp. Declares Third Quarter 2013 Dividend
- CDI Corp. To Report 2013 Second Quarter Earnings August 1
- CDI Corp.'s Security Team in Portsmouth, Virginia Honored By Department of Defense for Outstanding Industrial Security
Related Partner Headlines