New York, November 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) closed the trading day lower by $0.19 or -0.2% from its previous close. Lockheed Martin's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) is a global defense company that designs, develops, manufactures, and integrates advanced technology products and services. its businesses span space, telecommunications, electronics, information and services, aeronautics, energy, and systems integration.
Lockheed Martin's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $82.19 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $93.99. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Lockheed Martin or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Lockheed Martin, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals to Hold Investor Conference Call to Discuss Partnership with Roche
- Roche and Inovio Pharmaceuticals partner on Inovio's prostate cancer and hepatitis B immunotherapy products
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Malaria DNA Vaccine Demonstrates Robust Immune Responses in Animal Models
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Reports 2013 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Responds to Market Activity
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Potent hTERT DNA Cancer Vaccine Shows Potential to Reduce Tumors and Prevent Tumor Recurrence
- Synthetically Optimized HIF-1 Alpha DNA Delivered with Inovio's Electroporation Technology Provides Significant Therapeutic Effects for Peripheral Arterial Disease in Animal Model
- Inovio's CELLECTRA® Electroporation Delivery Technology Powers Durable, Best-in-Class T-Cell Responses from HIV Vaccine in Human Study
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Universal H7N9 DNA Vaccine Protects 100% of Vaccinated Animals in Challenge Study
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines