Neutral Short Term Pattern on Lockheed Martin
Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 05:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, November 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) closed the trading day lower by $0.19 or -0.2% from its previous close. Lockheed Martin's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) is a global defense company that designs, develops, manufactures, and integrates advanced technology products and services. its businesses span space, telecommunications, electronics, information and services, aeronautics, energy, and systems integration.
Lockheed Martin's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $82.19 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $93.99. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Lockheed Martin or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Lockheed Martin, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Hertz Partners With 'Discover The World Marketing' To Grow Outbound Car Rentals From Saudi, Bahrain
- Hertz Global Sale Returns With Up To 33% Off Rentals
- Hertz Expands Firefly Brand Into US
- Hertz Announces New Global Partnership With Relais & Chateaux
- Hertz Re-Designs And Reinvents On-Site Car Rental Experience
- Hertz Introduces BMWs To New Zealand Fleet
- The No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang and Driver Brad Keselowski Dominate Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International
- Hertz Expands Mobile Wi-Fi Service In Europe
- Penske's No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang Debuts At Road Course
- Hertz Extends Adrenaline Collection To Australia With Toyota 86
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines