NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: COST, FSLR, VRSN
Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, November 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2650.18, which represents 0.33% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Costco (NASDAQ:COST) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $101.8 representing 5.48% from its previous trading session. Shares of Costco, the owner and operator of wholesale membership warehouses have defined support at $93.51 and resistance at $98.80.
First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $27.05 representing 2.93% from its previous close. First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world, has calculated support and resistance levels at $22.52 and $25.97 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is VeriSign (NASDAQ:VRSN), which is trading at $40.9 representing 2.58% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), which is trading at $44.75 or -2.82% from the prior close. Shares of Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains have defined support at $46.13 and resistance at $68.77. Also among the worst performers Warner Chilcott (NASDAQ:WCRX), which is trading at $11.43 representing -2.52% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12936.8, which represents 0.46% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1402.6 that represents 0.26% from its previous close.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines