NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: COST, FSLR, VRSN
Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, November 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2650.18, which represents 0.33% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Costco (NASDAQ:COST) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $101.8 representing 5.48% from its previous trading session. Shares of Costco, the owner and operator of wholesale membership warehouses have defined support at $93.51 and resistance at $98.80.
First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $27.05 representing 2.93% from its previous close. First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world, has calculated support and resistance levels at $22.52 and $25.97 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is VeriSign (NASDAQ:VRSN), which is trading at $40.9 representing 2.58% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), which is trading at $44.75 or -2.82% from the prior close. Shares of Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains have defined support at $46.13 and resistance at $68.77. Also among the worst performers Warner Chilcott (NASDAQ:WCRX), which is trading at $11.43 representing -2.52% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12936.8, which represents 0.46% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1402.6 that represents 0.26% from its previous close.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines