Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: AMD, HITT, STM
Published on Thursday, 29 November 2012 16:51 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, November 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $374.83, representing 0.27% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 18 index components on the plus side.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.03, which represents 3.57%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $1.84 and resistance at $1.97.
Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $61.06 representing 3.35% from its previous close. Hittite Microwave, the maker of integrated circuits, modules, subsystems and instrumentation for technically demanding radio frequency, microwave and millimeterwave applications has calculated support and resistance levels at $54.53 and $58.42 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which traded at $6.17 representing 2.83% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) that traded at $31.88 or -5.01% from the previous close. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $29.38 and resistance at $33.60. Also among the worst performers was Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which closed at $19.53 representing -2.79% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines