Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: AMD, HITT, STM
Published on Thursday, 29 November 2012 16:51 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, November 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $374.83, representing 0.27% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 18 index components on the plus side.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.03, which represents 3.57%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $1.84 and resistance at $1.97.
Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $61.06 representing 3.35% from its previous close. Hittite Microwave, the maker of integrated circuits, modules, subsystems and instrumentation for technically demanding radio frequency, microwave and millimeterwave applications has calculated support and resistance levels at $54.53 and $58.42 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which traded at $6.17 representing 2.83% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) that traded at $31.88 or -5.01% from the previous close. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $29.38 and resistance at $33.60. Also among the worst performers was Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which closed at $19.53 representing -2.79% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Cree - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Trading Idea: - Is Intel close to Resistance?
- Veeco Instruments - Top Performer Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: WFR, VECO, STM
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Approaching Resistance: Intel
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: WFR, AMD, MRVL
- Approaching Resistance: Intel
Related Partner Headlines
- Advanced Micro Devices Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (AMD) - TheStreet.com
- Stock Market Story: Nov. 14 - TheStreet.com
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of U.S. Data - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- Stocks to Watch: Cisco, AMD, Staples - TheStreet.com
- AMD Shoots Down Sale Rumors - TheStreet.com
- U.S. to Become World's Top Oil Producer by 2017: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Raises PT to $62 on Hittite Microwave on Favorable Fundamentals - Benzinga
- AMD Appoints Ahmed Yahia Al Idrissi to Board of Directors - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wedbush Securities Initiates Cree at Buy on Gross Margin Outlook - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,242.43 Trade time:11:03AM EDT Value change:▼64.74 (-0.42%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,643.08 Trade time:11:03AM EDT Value change:▼12.27 (-0.74%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,446.48 Trade time:11:03AM EDT Value change:▼16.82 (-0.49%)
In The Wires
Grupo Simec, S.A.B. de C.V. announces repurchases of its own shares
Air Products China President Appointed International Senior Economic Consultant to the People's Government of Shaanxi Province
Choice Hotels Teams Up With Yelp, Travel Channel, Food Network and HGTV to Help Travelers Plan Summer Vacations
Invesco Private Capital to Hold "Tools for Success" Forum
Mobiquity Networks Launches Mobile Campaign to Promote Pop Star's upcoming Tour
MDC Partners Expands Global Footprint with China Offerings
General Mills Will Web Cast Its Presentation At The Citi 2013 Global Consumer Conference
First Large-Scale Population-Based Study in the U.S. Shows Hologic's 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis) Significantly Reduces Recall Rates While Simultaneously Improving Cancer Detection