Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: AMD, HITT, STM
Published on Thursday, 29 November 2012 16:51 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, November 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $374.83, representing 0.27% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 18 index components on the plus side.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.03, which represents 3.57%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $1.84 and resistance at $1.97.
Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $61.06 representing 3.35% from its previous close. Hittite Microwave, the maker of integrated circuits, modules, subsystems and instrumentation for technically demanding radio frequency, microwave and millimeterwave applications has calculated support and resistance levels at $54.53 and $58.42 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which traded at $6.17 representing 2.83% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) that traded at $31.88 or -5.01% from the previous close. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $29.38 and resistance at $33.60. Also among the worst performers was Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which closed at $19.53 representing -2.79% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines