Veeco Instruments - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Friday, 30 November 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, November 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $374.39, representing -0.12% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 14 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.14, which represents 4.9%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $1.84 and resistance at $1.97.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $6.34 representing 2.26% from its previous close. STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.31 and $6.08 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Cree (NASDAQ:CREE), which traded at $32.22 representing 2.16% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) that traded at $28.61 or -3.31% from the previous close. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $26.89 and resistance at $31.87. Also among the worst performers was MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which closed at $2.88 representing -2.37% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Trading Idea: - Is Advanced Micro Devices close to Resistance?
- Semis Stocks Round Up - Flat: CREE, MU, POWI
- Approaching Support: Advanced Micro Devices
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Cree
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: AVGO, NETL, BRCM
- Bulls taking Control of Cree?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: CREE, MRVL, HITT
- Is Advanced Micro Devices Closing in to Support?
- Semis Equal To the S&P 500 :TXN, TSM, VECO
- STMicroelectronics - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Related Partner Headlines
- Advanced Micro Devices Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (AMD) - TheStreet.com
- NXP and Other Semiconductors Stocks Making Big Moves on November 15, 2012 - Investopedia
- Stock Market Story: Nov. 14 - TheStreet.com
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of U.S. Data - TheStreet.com
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
- Stocks to Watch: Cisco, AMD, Staples - TheStreet.com
- AMD Shoots Down Sale Rumors - TheStreet.com
- U.S. to Become World's Top Oil Producer by 2017: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- AMD Appoints Ahmed Yahia Al Idrissi to Board of Directors - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wedbush Securities Initiates Cree at Buy on Gross Margin Outlook - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Sikorsky, Boeing Form Joint Venture to Offer Saudi Rotorcraft Logistics and Training
Celebrity Belt Manufacturer Belt-Manufactuer.comTargets Specialty Fashion Boutiques And Celebrity Brands For Submission Of Their 2013 Fall-Winter Lines
The Portland Interior Designers of Garrison Hullinger Interior Design Selected by Pinnacle Management to Update Interiors of Luxury Condo Development, Waterfront Pearl
eMazzanti Article Showcases Windows 8 Touch Technology
Foundation Financial Group Will Take Steps for Crohn’s and Colitis
Used Exhaust Systems Now Listed for Reduced Sale Pricing to Vehicle Owners in the U.S. at AutoProsUSA.com
Used Dodge Ram Control Arms Now Discounted Online for Truck Owners at Auto Pros USA
Used Chevy Tahoe Engine in 5.3 Size Now for Sale in GM Inventory at UsedEngines.co