Veeco Instruments - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Friday, 30 November 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, November 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $374.39, representing -0.12% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had an overall mixed day with 14 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.14, which represents 4.9%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $1.84 and resistance at $1.97.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $6.34 representing 2.26% from its previous close. STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.31 and $6.08 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Cree (NASDAQ:CREE), which traded at $32.22 representing 2.16% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) that traded at $28.61 or -3.31% from the previous close. Shares of Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions have defined support at $26.89 and resistance at $31.87. Also among the worst performers was MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR), which closed at $2.88 representing -2.37% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”